Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Just wanted to share a few things to be thankful for on this day.
Family-- Everyone in my family has helped to shape me into the person that I am today. There are too many of you to name each one but know that if you are in my family that I love you and are thankful for you.
Friends-- Same kinda thing as above. Every friend that I have ever had has left an impression on me in some way. I am thankful that Heavenly Father has seen fit to bring all these people into my life. Years ago I read a quote (I will try to find and post it later) that basically said that friends are not by chance, Heavenly Father places us where He does for a reason. We may never know what that reason is but it is there. So to all my friends new and old I am thankful.
My job-- Yeah, yeah sometimes not so much, but really I am thankful for having the means to support myself. So many people today are out of a job, some after many years of faithful service. I am glad that I chose a profession that will never be outsourced. I love what I do and who I do it with.
My coworkers-- OK, this is really similar to the last one I know, and it kinda overlaps the one before that but I want to seperate it anyway. We have a pretty good crew of people. There are a few that I cringe when I see them on the list but overall I do enjoy sharing my 12 hours with these people. There are many of my coworkers that I miss dearly. Some have moved on to other places and bigger jobs. Some have passed on to a much better place entirely. Again, these people have all left deep impressions on me and will always be remembered.
The gospel-- Ok so I know that I haven't been to church lately and I am not doing all I could be doing to keep my spiritual well filled. But I am grateful that I know the truth and can have the benefits of it in my life. I have drawn on the truth that I know because of the true gospel and been better for it.

And the most important

My Savior-- Jesus died for my sins. He atoned for all that I have fallen short on. He loves me no matter how stubborn, lazy, incompetent, and wrong I am. I know that those times in my life when I have not been doing all the right things, His back was NEVER turned away from me. I had turned from Him and he has always been patiently waiting on me to turn around.

Nothing new here really, but the truth is the truth. These are the things that I am thankful for every day of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment