Sunday, August 30, 2009

And another thing that gets my goat (or would if I had one I guess). People using the bedpan for no other reason than that they don't wanna get out of bed at two in the morning. I will not be a willing participant in you getting pneumonia this stay. If you can get up on your own lets do it. The more you do for yourself now the better off you will be later. Trust me I have seen it happen. If you can get outta that bed and wipe your own bottom, it is actually HEALTHY for you to do so.

2 comments:

  1. Are you serious? People actually WANT to use a bedpan? Oh hell no!! I'll walk my ass to the bathroom if it takes 7 helpers and all day to get there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. I said *exactly* the same thing to one of my patients today when he asked me to bring him an unnecessary bedpan

    ReplyDelete